Greg continues to amaze and surprise us all. Last night they took a major step and took him off his ventilator and turned off all meds and sedation...and he woke up! He recognizes and understands us. He's still very groggy and in a lot of pain, but he's fighting hard. He's very very emotional. The majority of damage was done to his frontal lobe which controls emotions, and he's proving it to be so. I would be emotional too if I woke up in a hospital with no recollection of what happened. He is not able to talk to us yet, but he does has good movement in his body. Today they are going to start him going with physical, occupational and speech therapy. I'm amazed how quickly they are getting him going, but they feel he can do it. Greg is our miracle. It's only been 12 days! I'll keep you posted on his recovery and therapy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
We love you guys. We have been praying for you. If there is ever anything we can do please let us know.
Amanda, you are proving just how tough and amazing you are. I've been checking your blog a lot for updates because me and my entire family have been really worried about Greg and you guys. I have been so impressed with how positive and strong you have been in your posts. You are so awesome! Love US
Mandy, we are so glad things are improving. Jolene and I met your mom at the new house yesterday for a tour. She caught us up on the latest. Jolene and I cried with joy. Every little bit of news is important to us. We'll keep in touch. Love you. Cheryl
love you guys!! you two truly are an inspiration to me and my wife
I am so happy that it is going a little better for you! we are still praying for you both.
This whole process really is such a miracle. Greg is doing so well....he is recoving remarkably well. You looked like a ray of sunshine yesterday, I'm so glad to see you so bright! We will see you soon, your cookies are on the way! We love your family so much & we are always thinkin of you....let's us know if you need anything!
PS. I've got your swim bottoms! In case you were missing them.
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mandy, that is the greatest news and I am so glad you are keeping up with this blog with all that is going on. Hopefully things will continue to look up. We have been thinking about you guys constantly!!! Love Erin
So glad to hear things are going so well. You seem to be holding up well during all of this. Continue to keep us updated.
Hi Mandy, i'm so glad that I found this spot. you are so amazing to keep it up. i'm glad to hear the good news. It truly is a miracle. We continue to pray for you guys. Lots of Love, kip and leejean
HOORAYYYYYYYY!!! This is such great news. We have been thinking about you constantly! Thank you for the updates!
Post a Comment