Thursday, July 24, 2008

Update

Thank you again to all who have called, sent flowers, gifts, cards, said prayers and fasted for our family. It's been a week and a half since Greg's accident and we still feel all of your love and support as well as peace for Greg's recovery. He has yet to wake up from his coma, though he is getting closer. The doctors have been decreasing his sedation and meds to try and wake him up, but it's been tough for him as far as staying calm with all the tubes and IV's. The good thing is he's moving! He can move his left side very well, and his right minimally, but he gets so agitated when the meds wear. He's had to be restrained a bit because he is so strong. The other night while Tyler, one of our favorite nurses was washing him up, Greg grabbed his leg so hard it left a mark. We are grateful that Greg is moving and seems to feel us there and hear our voices. Today he opened his eyes a bit and I could see his blue-green eyes and talk to him, but he is not focusing or seeing me. It breaks my heart. Tomorrow Greg gets the shunt out of his head that has been draining cerebral fluid. Hopefully he will open his eyes, wake up and really see us. I miss him so much. We celebrate the small steps and look forward to new things. Everyday he seems to improve. He's amazing and I love him so much! Since I've met Greg he's been nothing but strong, it's just not in him not to make it back 100%. Everyone keeps telling me how long the process to recovery is going to be, but I just feel blessed to have him, he's worth the wait.

6 comments:

The Bacigalupi's said...

Mandy, we love you guys so much and are so glad that he is making such great progress. You are in our prayers.

Clayton and Amber said...

We're glad that Greg is making progress. You and Greg are one strong couple and we admire your faith and love. We continue to think about you often and keep you in our prayers.

Marley said...

Mandy, I hope Adam sent you our regards. I think about you often and can't imagine what you must be going through. I am glad to hear or Greg's steps toward recovery. He loves you and Luke so much that Im sure he is on his way back to you. :) You are in our prayers and in the prayers at the Las Vegas temple. We love you.

Cormorant said...

Mandy, I just visited your blog and can't believe the news. We are praying for you and are glad to hear that Greg is making so much progress. You are a strong and faithful woman; keep going!

Ann-Marie said...

Mandy, I'm so sorry that you are in this scary time. We'll include you and your family in our prayers as well.

Ann-Marie Peterson Wood

Gilly Funk said...

I am so glad to hear Greg is making some progress. You are so strong, it just amazes me. All of us back in Idaho are thinking of you guys. Keep us posted.