Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thank You

Greg got in a pretty bad accident on Tuesday (7-15-08) We're still here at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden where he was life flighted from the job site. I just wanted to take a second while I'm sitting in the waiting room to thank everyone for their prayers, support and fasting. Our family and Greg are doing well. He was working in Malta when a pulley from the work crane fell on his head. He had a hard hat on which saved his life, but the impact fractured his skull in a couple places causing bleeding. He had emergency surgery to remove the hematoma and the loose bone fragments. The surgery went well and he's been in stable condition since Tuesday night, which is positive. He's been very heavily sedated which keeps him in a comatose state and sleeping. He's had movement in his arms and legs, mostly on the left side and will flutter his eyes when the nurses call his name. The first night I called his name and squeezed his hand, he squeezed back and moved. This is very comforting to me, but not good for him because we really want him to take it easy and rest. The stimulation right now is suppose to be kept to a minimum. The impact of the hit was on his left side of the brain which controls his right side and speech. Everything right now is watch and wait. It's very hard, but we all have a very calm and peaceful feeling that all is well. The nurses tell us there is a long and rocky road ahead, but Greg is doing so well, better than expected. I'm so thankful for all the blessings and miracles we have seen. I love Greg so much and I'm ready for him to come back.

12 comments:

Leisa said...

Mandy-

I am so sorry!
If I can do anything please let me know. I know we have never met but if you need someone to watch your little one while you are at the hospital I would love to. I don't live far.
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

a.t.a said...

Mandy,

You are so strong. I will be visiting you often during the week. Greg is looking better & better each day we visit!

Eidelweis said...

It's good to hear that Greg is progressing and we'r praying that he'll recover soon. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys too. We think about you every day.

Shelly and Bryce Stanger said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you guys. I have always seen a strong bond between you and Greg & I know that will help pull you guys through all this. We love you guys & if you need any help here in Idaho let me know.

Kristen said...

we love you tons.... And are in our prayers every night
(melissa sister) kristen & NIck
if you need me to take luke sometime I can Addison always likes a friend to play with.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Mandy, our whole family has been thinking of you guys non stop. Grandma told me the news when I called her the other night. Adam has been sending email updates also that we all appreciate so much. I know how strong and positive you are and that will help you get through this. Hang in there and know that we are praying for Greg's quick recovery.

cas said...

Dear Mandy,

This is Cascia Jolley, kristy's friend. I just wanted to let you know that you and Greg are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jenny Groberg said...

Oh sad! What horrible news to hear.. I just stumbled across your blog again from becki's and I really sorry about his accident. I will keep you all in our prayers as well. Stay strong!

Jen

Clayton and Amber said...

Mandy, you are amazing. I add my prayers to others that Greg will recover soon. I am so thankful for the blessings of the Gospel especially at times like this. I hope things continue to stay stable and improve for you, Greg, little Luke and your family. -Amber

Bethany said...

I am so sorry to hear about Gregs accident. My sister saw luke with your Dad at the 24th of July parade and she said he was so cute and doing good. It is so nice to have family support when stuff like this happens. We are praying for you guys, HANG IN THERE!!

Heather said...

That breaks my heart to hear. I seriously couldn't hold the tears back. It must be so hard for you right now. obviously our prayers are with you as well. take care and stay strong.