Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finally...An Update




Apologies, apologies to all who have come for an update and found the same post over and over again...isn't that annoying!! I haven't had internet access and have been yucky sick with all-day morning sickness, but have been told repeatedly to update my blog. Thank you everyone for showing your concern and interest in Greg and our family we have felt your prayers and sincere words of encouragement. We have been so blessed. Greg is doing AMAZING! Today we were able to come home to Idaho for a one night trip to listen to Greg's little brother Tyler report from his mission. Tyler came home from Mexico one day after Greg's accident. We are so excited to be home, if only for one night. Greg will go back to McKay-Dee for a few days after and then hopefully be released home for good. It's been a little over a month and his progress is really a miracle! Since my last post Greg had a second surgery to remove some fluid and old blood that did not absorb. Immediately we could see improvements in his movement. The right side started to increase in ability and his speech came easier and quicker. Since then Greg can walk by himself without a cane. They've made a special brace for his right foot to help keep his toe up. He's getting motion and strength back into his right arm, though it is sparatic. I have to keep a heads up that I don't get knocked out by involuntary movement...everyone else be warned as well. As you can see from the picture the second surgery left quite a scar, we thought the doctor was just going to drill a hole, but apparently not! Still, he's looking good!! A couple days ago he got the flu and was sick for a day, I think he had sympathy preggo pains...maybe? Today when we came home we were blown away by all the care and effort that various people have put into watching over our home. Our lawn looked a million times better than it did before. All the weeds were pulled and the lawn edged. My garden was amazing...I can't believe it really grew! My family cleaned our house up and two friends of our family, Tom and Larry, had gone in and finished our bathroom project which included sheet rocking, tiling and fixing our shower, putting our sink in, haning fixtures and fixing our "handy work." My mom and dad have been watching our tank Luke, who's growing like a weed, since the beginning. We are overwhelmed by everyone's love. Thank you, thank you! I hope one day I can serve everyone the way we have been served.

9 comments:

Gilly Funk said...

I saw Luke yesterday at church when I was there for a meeting, I knew that must be good if you guys were home. Hopefully things will continue to go so good and you'll be home before you know it. Greg really does look good, I can't believe how well he's doing! You guys are amazing.

a.t.a said...

What kind neighbors! They even finished your bathroom! That is wonderful...we'll have to see it sometime. We are glad to hear that Greg will be going home soon....but sad that your family will be leaving. Ava will sure miss Luke! See you soon!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Hi Mandy and Greg.
I can't imagine the gratitude Greg's parents felt to see their sons at the homecoming-One home
from a mission, and the other returned from near death.
The morning sickness is horrible, Mandy. I feel for you. Look ahead to the joy of your new little bundle. I know, easier said than done. Love you lots. Aunt Cheryl

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

This one is really from me this time - Erin.
Mandy, I am so glad to see that things are going so well - it is amazing really. Congrats on the pregnancy too! What a whirlwind of events you guys have had lately. I am so glad that you guys have been taken care of. What amazing people you have surrounding you!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Mandy - Oh my goodness, I just found out yesterday about Greg's accident. What a miracle. I am so happy that he is doing so well. I also just have to say - you are amazing, seriously such an inspiration. I read your post just days after the accident and you had so much Faith. I can't imagine going through what you have just gone through, and finding out you were having another baby and everything in the midst of it. Thanks for your example. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Love, spence and katie taggart

Cormorant said...

We're so happy to hear the great news! Keep going--you're doing great!

Van Duren Family said...

You both look great. I feel like we witnessed a miracle. We love you all so much, and are grateful that they are taking care of you out there! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Mandy- It's Steff Clark (Sellers). I was shocked to read about your husband! How scary for you and your family. I'm so glad he's doing well. I'm sorry that you have to be sick though! I completely understand all day morning sickness- it's the worst. What part of Idaho are you in? Nic and I were in Idaho Falls for a while after we graduated from BYU-I. We actually kind of miss it! Well hang in there with everything. Our prayers are with your husband.

Heather said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! that on top of everything else, I can't even imagine. I am so sick from "All day morning sickness" and I can barely cope. When are you due? I can't imagine trying to be strong while everything with your husband is going on. I am glad that you guys are doing better though.