Monday, April 19, 2010

maybe not THAT modest...


i'm on the quest for a modest swimsuit and in my travels through google land this is one of the gems I came across for modest swimsuits that had me laughing. while i wish it was fashionably acceptable and normal to show up to the pool, beach or lake in a full body manatee suit (by the way this does come in different colors and prints if you're interested) i'm not looking for something so extremely modest. anyone know of some cute places to find modest suits? if you're also looking for a swimsuit here are a couple of sites i've liked so far that have possibilities: reyswimwear.com & limericki.com...please share any you have, i'm heading to las vegas in a few weeks and than on to california and i need a swimsuit!!
p.s. if you have curves and a little bit of baby left over like myself please avoid victoria secrets swimsuit site at all cost to eliminate depression...just a suggestion!

7 comments:

Heather said...

My sister Ali got one from http://www.hapari.com/
and she loves it. It is good because she says the tankinis are long even for us tall girls. let me know what you find though, I am in the market myself.

C.LEE said...

if you are back here in bountiful at some point there is a salon that sells really cute ones! It is called "belezza" it might be in centerville not bountiful though. That is where I have always gotten mine, they are cute tankini's. Plan on spending at least $90 there though.

Amy and Dane said...

Last year Shade had so many good ones! They only do like 7 different prints or colors every season but then make like 15 different choices for more modest tops and bottoms that you can mix and match to your desire. They have stores at every Utah mall, they have a catalog, and I think they are online too. Yep they are www.shadeclothing.com Last year I think I spent $45 on my two pieces. Also www.DiviineModestee.com is also another Utah one that is prettycute usually. Lastly www.layersclothing.com had good ones last year too.

Let us know where you find the best ones this year too since most of us probably haven't looked yet ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on checking out victoria's secret....just looking at the cover of the magazine gets me depressed!!
Have you checked Modbe? I know they are going out of business but maybe they might have a few.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Mandy - Loved Luke's crazy hat party, what a darling idea. I may need to copy your idea for Lance's 3rd! And your Nyquill post had me laughing out loud. I am with you girlfriend, I LOVE Nyquill and have been taking a ton of it these last 10 days. I think it had also been about 4 years for me! Hah!
(It's Katie Taggart btw!)

britt said...

hahaha! so funny. I need one too. I got a cute one from modbe a few summers ago, and love it, but it's falling apart...and I don't think they are around any more. I think downeast had some cute ones? anyway, good luck!

Gilly Funk said...

I don't know if you liked the modbe ones last year...but they are back. Downeast bought them out, so they are up and running again with their suits.