Monday, September 14, 2009

tomato soup, i hate you!

i will never try to can my own tomato soup again. i went out and bought all the ingredients and painstakingly cut and chopped celery, onions...HELLO MY EYES!!!...carrots, peppers, peeled and cored 4 dozen tomatoes (thank goodness those at least came from my garden and i didn't waste my money!!!)...and than stirred, simmered, pureed, reheated and stirred, stirred, stirred the biggest pot of red crap...sorry mom...i have ever seen. the smell was great, the taste awful. 5 hours later i have dirtied every single bowl and spoon and pot in my kitchen, clogged my sink, cut a finger, spilled tomato everywhere and have a pot full of yucky, clumpy tomato soup that i'm not going to can just to throw away! what a waste, tomato soup i hate you. word to the wise, just stick with campbell's.

3 comments:

Heather said...

so sorry. I messed up my peaches last year. I bottled at least 12 quarts of peaches and I think only one jar sealed correctly the others my kids called "spicy" peaches. gross.
Yesterday I decided to stick with Jam and frozen peaches. So sick of them though.

Kristen said...

When I make salsa I wear swim goggles it is great for all the onions and peppers. YOu look funny but no tears at all and your eyes love you.

Amber said...

I'm still laughing about the goggle comment! So funny. I agree with homemade tomato soup. I got a great recipe and made some a year ago it smelled awesome but it didn't taste good at all! And it took FOREVER to make. I agree...stick to Campbells!